Monday, April 2, 2007

Expository or Persuasive

My research paper is certainly heading down the persuasive road. Simply because my paper revolves around ethics, gives it an argumentative feel. It's difficult to be in the medical field and not have an opinion about end of life decision making and all that it involves. Though I am attempting to be as unbiased as possible and just present the facts. I would rather give facts, figures, and explanations that allow the reader to make their own, informed decision on the matter.

With that in mind, I think my paper could also be categorized as expository. In order to explain medical terminology and certain cases involving my topic, it is necessary to include facts and information further explaining my topic.



cartoon obtained at:
http://www.research-for-real.co.uk/resources.asp

No comments: